The photo album by Marco Mancini about Il Teatro della Memoria’s performance in Guadagnolo on august 17
The second event of Kircher Festival – promoted by the Municipality of Capranica Prenestina with the sponsorship of Regione Lazio and dedicated to the multifaceted figure of Jesuit scholar Athanasius Kircher, the great broker of wisdom in 17th century Rome – has taken place during the night of 17 August in the evocative hamlet of Guadagnolo nearby the Mentorella Sanctuary, a location dear to Kircher who promoted its restoration and arranged for his heart be there buried.
The performance Notturno Kircheriano – produced by Il Teatro della Memoria – takes its inspiration from Kircher’s book Iter exstaticum, in which he narrates a fantastic knowledge journey among the planets under the direction of the angel Cosmiel. The event has transformed Guadagnolo into a magic town where the audience, following a sensorial guide, watched from time to time dance, music performend with replicas of period instruments and scenes by commedia dell’arte players.
- Concept and coordination: Claudia Celi and Andrea Toschi
- Actors: Marco Paciotti, Lorenzo Pasquali
- Dancers: Simona Buompadre, Mauro Carboni, Claudia Celi, Paolo Di Segni
- Musicians: Serena Bellini (recorder), Flavio Cinquetti (cornett, gaita), Federico Marincola (cittern), Federico Occhiodoro (percussion), Angela Paletta (shawm), Andrea Toschi (curtal)
- Sensorial guide: Maria Costantini
- Scenographic elements and props: Umberto Giovannini
- Audiovisual installation: sound by Giovanna Natalini; video editing by Giangiacomo De Stefano and Massimiliano Valli
- Photos: Marco Mancini