Info about the 2024 edition available at this link
Early Music & Dance Summer Workshop
22nd edition – Rome 2-6 August 2023
Courses organized by
Il Teatro della Memoria
(artistic Direction: Claudia Celi e Andrea Toschi)
Courses and teachers:
16th-17th century dancing: Claudia Celi
17th-18th century dancing: Ilaria Sainato
19th century social dances: Paolo Di Segni
Swing Dances: Francesco Ciani, Laura Marino
Classical Dance for Adults: Serena Soave
Baroque and Classical Oboe – Qi Gong: Angela Paletta
Recorder: Marco Rosa Salva
Renaissance and Baroque Singing: Rosanna Rossoni
Renaissance Lute, Theorbo and Baroque Guitar: Francesco Tomasi
Cembalo Accompaniment: Paolo Tagliapietra
Dance Pianist: Chiara Palumbo
General information and fees
Registration & insurance fee
- with advance payment up to July 8th 60.00 euros
- with advance payment after July 8th 120.00 euros
Members of designated Schools and Societies with a reduction arrangement are entitled to a discount of 30.00 euros, provided that the payment is made not later than July 8th.
Tuition fees include individual lessons, ensemble classes and the participation to the final performance with live music accompaniment for dance.
- Early Music Course (singing or instrument): €240,00
- Early Dance Course (1 hour and 40 minutes per day plus rehearsals and final performance): €135,00
- 17th-18th Dance Course with supplemental intermediate-advanced technique class (2 hours per day plus rehearsals and final performance): €150,00
- Swing Dances Course (2 hours per day plus rehearsals and final performance): €150,00
- Four Classical Dance for Adults classes or four Pilates classes: €50,00
- One Classical Dance for Adults or Pilates class: €15,00
- OPEN Card for four Classical Dance for Adults classes plus four Pilates classes: €80,00
Registration and payments
The registration fee and an advance payment of €70,00 for each required course must be paid in advance:
- by credit card – go to our online shop;
- by bank transfer to the account No. 67/494577 at Banca Fideuram (IBAN: IT44R0329601601000067494577 – BIC-SWIFT code: FIBKITMM) in the name of “Il Monocordo di Andrea Toschi”; in order to save on bank transfer charges, be sure to choose the “shared charges” option if your bank is within SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area). If your bank is outside SEPA write us and we’ll send you a link to pay through Wise (formerly Transferwise) so that you can avoid bank transfer charges.
The balance must be paid before the beginning of the courses. It will also be possible to pay directly at check-in by cash or credit card.
The advance payment won’t be refunded in case of cancellation after July 1st. If the cancellation (to be made exclusively through the dedicated page) arrives before July 1st, the amount paid will be refunded with a deduction of 60.00 euros.
Maximum number of students
In order to respect the minimum distance between persons, these are the maximum numbers of students that will be enrolled for each type of course:
- singing or instrument courses: maximum 12 per course;
- dance courses: maximum 12 per course.
Students will be enrolled according to the order of arrival of the registration forms. Those that cannot be admitted because the maximum has been reached will be promptly informed, and the amount paid will be refunded, unless they want to enroll in another course. The Direction reserves the right to modify the programs. The courses for which the minimum number of registrations will not be reached will be cancelled, and the amount paid will be refunded.
The courses will be hosted at Teatro “Lo Spazio” – via Locri 42 in a central area well connected by tramway or bus (website: atac.roma.it) and Metro underground (metropolitanadiroma.it). The location might be changed if necessary in accordance with the number of registered students.
Health & emergencies
Registered students are insured against accidents during classes with a maximum cover of 50,000.00 euros. Check with your health insurance company or your national health system about coverage in Italian hospitals in case of illness. EU member states have arrangements that admit the citizens of one state in the public hospitals of another free of charge. If you have any doubts, contact us and we’ll try to find information on the specific arrangements with your country and the documents you need. Emergency treatment (“Pronto Soccorso”) at public hospitals is free except for non-urgent cases (white triage code) that are subject to a fixed fee (“ticket”) of 25.00 euros. In serious cases don’t hesitate to call the emergency phone number 112.
Special rates at hotels and restaurants
Special rates for our students will be available at several restaurants, hotels and Bed&Breakfast. After registration you can E-mail us for a list.
phone : (+39) 06 3326 7447
mobile: (+39) 328-3645555