Update: info about the 2022 edition of the workshop is available at this link.
Early Music & Dance Summer Workshop
20th Edition – Rome July 31-August 1 / August 7-8, 2021
Courses managed by
Il Teatro della Memoria (artistic direction: Claudia Celi and Andrea Toschi)
Courses & Teachers:
15th & 16th century dancing: Claudia Celi
17th-18th century dancing: Ilaria Sainato
19th century social dances: Paolo Di Segni
Baroque and Classical Oboe: Angela Paletta
Recorder: Marco Rosa Salva
Renaissance and Baroque Singing: Rosanna Rossoni
Renaissance Lute, Theorbo and Baroque Guitar: Francesco Tomasi
Cembalo Accompaniment: Paolo Tagliapietra
Qi Gong Seminar: Angela Paletta
General information and fees
Programs are available (in Italian) at this link. Feel free to e-mail us for specific information or use the contact form at the end of this page.
Registration & insurance fee
- with advance payment up to June 30th 45.00 euros
- with advance payment after July 30th 90.00 euros
Members of designated Schools and Societies with a reduction arrangement are entitled to a discount of 30.00 euros, provided that all fees are paid not later than June 30th.
- Music courses (singing or instrument): 115.00 euros
- Dancing courses (7 hours): 100.00 euros
- Qi Gong seminar: 20.00 euros
Registration and payments
The registration fee and all tuition fees must be paid in advance:
- by credit card – go to our online shop;
- by bank transfer to the account 631844.05 at Monte dei Paschi di Siena (European IBAN bank code: IT 50 Z 01030 03237 000063184405 – BIC-SWIFT: PASCITM1R37) in the name of “Il Teatro della Memoria”; in order to save on bank transfer charges, be sure to choose the “shared charges” option if your bank is within SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area).
After the payment has been sent, fill the form on the registration page. A copy of the bank transfer or of the money order must arrive not later than July 1st by e-mail to: email@example.com.
The advance payment won’t be refunded in case of cancellation after July 1st. If the cancellation (to be made exclusively through the dedicated page) arrives before July 1st, the amount paid will be refunded with a deduction of 60.00 euros.
Maximum number of students
In order to respect the minimum distance between persons, these are the maximum numbers of students that will be enrolled for each type of course:
- singing course: maximum 12;
- instrument courses: maximum 8 per course;
- dance courses: maximum 24 per course.
Students will be enrolled according to the order of arrival of the registration forms. Those that cannot be admitted because the maximum has been reached will be promptly informed, and the amount paid will be refunded, unless they want to enroll in another course. The Direction reserves the right to modify the programs. The courses for which the minimum number of registrations will not be reached will be cancelled, and the amount paid will be refunded.
The courses will be hosted on the following dates in two locations, all in a central area well connected by tramway or bus (website: atac.roma.it) and Metro underground (metropolitanadiroma.it).
Teatro “Lo Spazio” – via Locri 42 – (Metro A & C San Giovanni) – July 31 – August 1
- Renaissance and Baroque singing: Rosanna Rossoni – maestro al cembalo: Paolo Tagliapietra
- Recorder: Marco Rosa Salva
- Renaissance Lute, Theorbo and Baroque guitar: Francesco Tomasi
Teatro Brancaccino – via Mecenate 2 – (Metro A Vittorio Emanuele – Metro B Cavour) – July 31 – August 1
- 15th century dancing: Claudia Celi
- 17th-18th century dancing: Ilaria Sainato
Teatro Brancaccino – via Mecenate 2 – (Metro A Vittorio Emanuele – Metro B Cavour) – August 7-8
- 16th century dancing: Claudia Celi
- 19th century social dances: Paolo Di Segni
- Baroque and classical Oboe: Angela Paletta
- Qi Gong seminar: Angela Paletta
Health & emergencies
Registered students are insured against accidents during classes with a maximum cover of 50,000.00 euros. Check with your health insurance company or your national health system about coverage in Italian hospitals in case of illness. EU member states have arrangements that admit the citizens of one state in the public hospitals of another free of charge. If you have any doubts, contact us and we’ll try to find information on the specific arrangements with your country and the documents you need. Emergency treatment (“Pronto Soccorso”) at public hospitals is free except for minor illnesses (white triage code) that are subject to a fixed fee (“ticket”) of 25.00 euros. In serious cases don’t hesitate to call the emergency phone number 112.
Special rates at hotels and restaurants
Special rates for our students will be available at several restaurants, hotels and Bed&Breakfast. After registration you can E-mail us for a list.
phone/fax : (+39) 06 3326 7447
mobile: (+39) 328-3645555
[…] the Workshop will be on two weekends (31 July- 1 August & 7-8 august). For info and fees click this link. Online registration with credit card payment is available on this […]
[…] near Santa Maria Maggiore and Stazione Termini). Info about costs and registration is available at this link. It’s possible to register with credit card payment on this […]