Early Music & Dance Summer Workshop
19th Edition – Rome July 25-26 / July 31-August 2, 2020
Courses managed by
Il Teatro della Memoria (artistic direction: Claudia Celi and Andrea Toschi)
Courses & Teachers:
16-17th century dancing: Claudia Celi
17th-18th century dancing: Ilaria Sainato
19th century social dances: Paolo Di Segni
Baroque and Classical Oboe: Angela Paletta
Recorder: Marco Rosa Salva
Renaissance and Baroque Singing: Rosanna Rossoni
Renaissance Lute, Theorbo and Baroque Guitar: Francesco Tomasi
Cembalo Accompaniment: Paolo Tagliapietra
Qi Gong Seminar: Angela Paletta
The Decree 27 May 2020, No. Z00043 by the President of Regione Lazio currently allows the teaching of music and dance in collective form, provided that this happens in accordance with sanification and distance directives. All the locations where the courses will be held have notified us their safety protocols that will be communicated beforehand to enrolled students.
General information and fees
Registration & insurance fee
- with advance payment up to July 14th 40.00 euros
- with advance payment after July 14th 80.00 euros
Members of designated Schools and Societies with a reduction arrangement are entitled to a discount of 30.00 euros, provided that all fees are paid not later than July 5th.
- Music courses (singing or instrument): 110.00 euros
- Dancing courses (6 hours): 90.00 euros
- Qi Gong seminar: 20.00 euros
Registration and payments
The registration fee and all tuition fees must be paid in advance:
- New: by credit card – go to our online shop;
- by bank transfer to the account 631844.05 at Monte dei Paschi di Siena (European IBAN bank code: IT 50 Z 01030 03237 000063184405 – BIC-SWIFT: PASCITM1R37) in the name of “Il Teatro della Memoria”; in order to save on bank transfer charges, be sure to choose the “shared charges” option if your bank is within SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area).
After the payment has been sent, fill the form on the registration page. A copy of the bank transfer or of the money order must arrive not later than July 5th:
- by fax to the number (+39) 06-33267447
- by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The advance payment won’t be refunded in case of cancellation after July 3rd. If the cancellation (to be made exclusively through the dedicated page) arrives before July 3rd, the amount paid will be refunded with a deduction of 60.00 euros.
Maximum number of students
In order to respect the minimum distance between persons, these are the maximum numbers of students that will be enrolled for each type of course:
- singing course: maximum 15;
- instrument courses: maximum 8 per course;
- dance courses: maximum 8 per course.
Students will be enrolled according to the order of arrival of the registration forms. Those that cannot be admitted because the maximum has been reached will be promptly informed, and the amount paid will be refunded, unless they want to enroll in another course. The Direction reserves the right to modify the programs. The courses for which the minimum number of registrations will not be reached will be cancelled, and the amount paid will be refunded.
Check-in and location
The courses will be hosted on the specified dates at the following locations, all in a central area well connected by tramway or bus (website: atac.roma.it) and Metro underground (metropolitanadiroma.it).
Teatro “Lo Spazio” – via Locri 42 – (Metro A & C San Giovanni) – 25-26 July
- Renaissance and Baroque Singing: Rosanna Rossoni – M16aestro al cembalo Paolo Tagliapietra
- Recorder: Marco Rosa Salva
- 17th-18th Century Dances: Ilaria Sainato
Scuola di Musica “Arca’85” – via Imperia 15/A (Metro B Policlinico) – 31 July – 2 August
- Renaissance Lute, Theorbo and Baroque Guitar: Francesco Tomasi
- Baroque Oboe: Angela Paletta
Scuola di Danza “Danza Nuova” – via F. Caracciolo 12 (Metro A Cipro) – 1-2 August
- 16th-17th Century Dances: Claudia Celi
- 19th Century Social Dances: Paolo Di Segni
- Qi Gong Seminar: Angela Paletta
Health & emergencies
Registered students are insured against accidents during classes with a maximum cover of 50,000.00 euros. Check with your health insurance company or your national health system about coverage in Italian hospitals in case of illness. EU member states have arrangements that admit the citizens of one state in the public hospitals of another free of charge. If you have any doubts, contact us and we’ll try to find information on the specific arrangements with your country and the documents you need. Emergency treatment (“Pronto Soccorso”) at public hospitals is free except for minor illnesses (white triage code) that are subject to a fixed fee (“ticket”) of 25.00 euros. In serious cases don’t hesitate to call the emergency phone number 112.
Special rates at hotels and restaurants
Special rates for our students are available at several restaurants, hotels and Bed&Breakfast. After registration you can E-mail us for a list.
phone/fax : (+39) 06 3326 7447
- up to July 24 (+39) 328 364 5555
- July 25-August 2: (+39) 320 055 7319
Fill in the form below if you want more info:
Privacy statement: we will keep your data reserved in accordance with European regulations; we promise we won’t give them to anybody else. The full text of the GDPR statement is at this link.