The Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz (Institut für Alte Musik und Aufführungspraxis) has announced the selection procedure for one Baroque Oboe teacher. The contract will start from the Winter semester of the 2019/20 academic year, on a part-time (50%) basis with a monthly salary of €2502,55 gross, with two extra bonus payments per year.
- a degree from an Austrian or comparable foreign educational institute that suits the position, or an equivalent artistic aptitude
- willingness to participate actively in the further development of the university’s teaching environment and its artistic and scholarly life, as well as helping shape the academic autonomy of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz
- gender competence
Specific Employment Requirements
- an outstanding personality with the highest qualification and artistic communicative ability, who – in addition to virtuosic mastery of the instrument and construction of oboe reeds –is also an expert in historical performance techniques and in imparting the latest knowledge of historically-informed performance practice based on historical sources
- an internationally outstanding artistic career
- an excellent pedagogical and didactic competency
- willingness and ability to undertake artistic directorial duties
The official regulations indicate that, in case of equivalent qualification, preference will be given to female applicants. Also, following the concept of social sustainability at the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz, which interprets all aspects of special requirements, persons with special needs will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.