Vadstena-Akademien to grant scholarship for a production in Summer 2018
Located on the shores of Lake Vättern, the scenic Vadstena Castle is home to the prestigious Vadstena-Akademien that has over the years fulfilled an important role in bringint to new life forgotten masterpieces of Baroque opera. For the Summer of 2018 the program features the performance of a pastiche based on the so-called Narva-Baletten, the grandiose show staged in Stockholm in 1701 to celebrate the military victory by Karl XII at Narva. Recent scholarship has identified among the composers, besides the Swede Anders von Düben (1673-1738) to whom hitherto the full work was attributed, also the French Jean Desfontaines (1658-1752) as well as Jean-Baptiste Lully (1632-1687).
The new production entitled Solen och Nordstjärnan (Sun and North Star) joins in the homage the Sun King and Karl XII by combining material from the original ballet with a comic intermezzo by Molière and Lully. The performance will be produced with stage and choreographic direction by Karin Modigh assisted by Lena Cederwall Broberg and Adrian Navarro. The musical direction is entrusted to Dan Laurin with Anna Paradiso Laurin as cembalo accompanist.
One scholarship for the corps de ballet will be granted to a female dancer with the following requirements:
- date of birth in 1987 or following years;
- basic experience of Baroque dance;
- professional dance training with strong footwork, musicality, balance and coordination;
- motivation to entering into another era and collaborating with singers and musicians in the opera context;
- skills in acrobatics, acting and mime will be appreciated.
The application must be delivered not later than 15 January 2018 to the address email@example.com and must contain:
- Video of applicant performing Baroque dance and preferably also another video performing any dance genre;
- a brief explanation of the reasons for applying. (max. half A4-page).
Participating dancers receive payment in the form of a grant for all the days they spend in Vadstena. Rehearsals and performances will be in the period 15 June – 15 August 2018.
Info: Terese Lindström – firstname.lastname@example.org