HEM – Genève will hire professors of Baroque Bassoon and Historical Harps
Haute Ecole de Musique de Genève (HEM) has announced a selection procedure for a teacher of Baroque Bassoon (in sobstitution of Prof. Lorenzo Alpert) within the Early Music Department. Furthermore, for the Orchestra Instruments Department, one Harp teacher with competence in Historical Harps will be selected. The required qualifications for the posts (both part-time for an amount to be determined) are:
- Academic degree from a university level music institution, or equivalent title;
- Renown at the international level in the performance field;
- specific teaching experience for at least 5 years;
- Ability to integrate in collective projects within a team and a dynamic environment;
- Mastery of French (official language of HEM);
- Practising and mantaining a significant professional activity outside the School.
The job main responsibilities will be:
- Teaching their subject to students enrolled in Bachelor and Master courses;
- Contributing to the elaboration, follow-up and evaluation of study programs (contents, repertories, goals, methods, means);
- Assisting students in the elaboration of their final papers;
- Taking part in continuing education and research programs, as well as in services managed by HEM.
The deadline for applications is 30 November 2017. Detailed information is available in the official announcements (in French):