Royal Opera House will appoint a highly qualified dance accompanist
Royal Opera House – located in the historical Covent Garden Theatre – intends to appoint one pianist for the musical staff of Royal Ballet. The main responsibilities of this post will be:
- Play for classes and rehearsals as scheduled for the Royal Ballet and the Learning and Participation department
- Play for occasional auditions for the work of the Royal Ballet (dancers and singers)
- Mark, correct and maintain piano rehearsal scores
- Assist conductors as required at stage rehearsals
- Conduct stage bands as requested
- In collaboration with the teacher, to provide musical energy and inspiration in ballet class
- Be sufficiently prepared to play rehearsals to the highest possible standard
- Respond in a positive way to direction or feedback as required
- Play for performances, including solo and concerto work, to the highest possible standard as and when required by the schedule
- Be able to undertake domestic and overseas touring with the Company as required
- Maintain the highest standards of attendance, reliability, teamwork and professionalism in all aspects of the work
For further information (personal specifications, duties in connection with continuous development and improvement, etc.) see the official announcement.
Auditions will be held on 4 May 2020. The application must be submitted before 27 March 2020 following the online procedure explained on the webpage recruitment.roh.org.uk.
For more info: tel. +44 (0) 207 212 9303 – e-mail email@example.com